Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ebay Schmeebay


I am slow, yes. I have newly ventured out from my Amazon comfort zone to try out eBay... and I'm not so sure I like it. I don't know if I can handle the disappointment that is certain to follow being outbid on an item I have my heart set on!

Take this delightful cookie jar, for example. I loved it...hoped it to be centerpiece for my Halloween table this year. I sat at the computer watching the hours tick to minutes as the auction came to its close, reveling in the slight bidding war I was sharing with one other cookie jar hopeful.  Even upping my maximum bid seconds before the digital gavel slammed...and what! What?? With literally 15 seconds to spare, some unknown bidder swipes in and steals from me my already favorite newest Halloween decoration ever.

It's heartbreak, I tell you. I wanted to cry. Weep out loud like I had just lost something dear and treasured! This is madness for sure. But alas, you may find me perusing the collectibles listed on this wretched site another day.

So for now, farewell sweet Harry jar. I will keep and eye out for you in the future. And perhaps someday, this dream that I wish (of you adorning my dining table in Octobers to come) will come true.

No comments:

Really really good-looking...

Really really good-looking...
"I call this one Blue Steele"

Owen & Bean

Owen & Bean
I found this picture recently. Spohn kids are cute.